DPES Safety Patrol
AAA School Safety Patrol members are school-sponsored student volunteers from upper elementary grades. Patrollers direct children, not traffic. As school-age leaders in safety, patrol members remind other students about safety on a peer-to-peer basis. They also serve as models for younger children, who look up to them. School Safety Patrol members:
- Complete safety patrol training.
- Protect students from hazards within the school.
- Assist bus drivers in safely transporting students to and from school.
- Assist car loop personnel to load and unload students within the car loop.
- Supervise fellow students around the campus.
- Serve in other leadership roles under the direction of school officials.
Participation in the club requires a commitment to report daily to their posts, display appropriate behavior and assist school staff.
Sponsor – Kelly Clayton, teacher